My husband and I were on our honeymoon in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic at the Princess Resort (not at all “princess” standards btw) when we were forced to go to a place in the resort where they try to severely persuade you to buy into a Royal Holiday timeshare and they do not let you leave. They made the timeshare sound wonderful – “stay anywhere you want!

Hotel is free! 35% off airfare! It lasts 30 years and cost never changes!” What it all really meant was NOTHING IS EVER AVAILABLE TO STAY, the 300-page book of hotels are NO LONGER THERE OR AVAILABLE, 35% off airfare only meant that the representative would HELP find a plane ticket and if you find one cheaper on your own they say do it yourself! That's 30 YEARS OF HAVING TO PAY AN ANNUAL FEE OF $500 OR MORE.

It's all a lie! They said I could cancel any time and that was FALSE. They said the vacation would be cheaper to use Royal Holiday, but that was FALSE. It's mandatory to pay for "All-Inclusive" which can range from $500-more which is the same price as paying for your hotel!

I CANNOT BELIEVE WE GOT SUCKERED INTO BUYING THIS. AVOID ROYAL HOLIDAY AT ALL COSTS! DON'T JOIN ROYAL HOLIDAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TOTALLY SCREWED OUT OF EVERYTHING. It’s best to just save for each trip you’d like to go on.

If we had not gotten out of our contract, we would have had to pay $11,000 over 5 years, plus $15,000 or more over 30 years just in annual membership fees. We hired a lawyer which was very inexpensive and were able to find many flaws in the contract because this company is a “scam” as my lawyer stated. We got out of our contract. Our lawyer was Amy Lovegren-Tipton in Fresno, California.

They were amazing.

Honest, and hardworking for our case. I highly suggest to use this lawyer if you’re looking to get out of your Royal Holiday contract.

Review about: Royal Holiday Club Punta Cana Princess Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Royal Holiday is one of the most fraudulent resorts, i fell into their lies a few years ago and when i was doing a research about this company i saw a lot ofpeople posting their horrible reviews against them, it helped me to open my eyes and see the reality of this Resort.Please be careful, here's a website full with complaints of people who also got scammed by them:https://www.timesharescam.com/timeshare-complaints-resorts-black-list/7-royal-holiday-timeshare-complaints/