I am putting in a formal complaint about the cruise I signed up for with Royal Holiday. It is a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Liberty of the Seas ship leaving Galveston September 11 and

returning September 18th.

While everyone has been pleasant to talk with they are not doing what I need done. I am 76 years old, this is my first ever cruise and I did days worth of research before choosing the cruise and the cabin

and level I wanted. I spoke with Diego Martinez on February 4th and he was to make reservations for two cabins, one for me and one for my daughter. We are paying for food for four people because we

are each using one separate cabin. I specifically researched the kind of cabin that would work for me and told Diego I wanted an ocean view stateroom with balcony on Deck #9. He said he requested that.I also paid extra money for our food and my cabin.

When I checked in February with the cruise line there was no record of either my reservation or my daughters. It turns out there is a reservation number for the ship and I was not given that until after

August 11 and calling daily for a week. One person at Royal Holiday (RH) gave me one number for my daughter and days later with great pressure, I was finally given the one for myself only to find out

that I was put on deck number 6 and we were given an 8 PM dinner time. I learned that someone at RH was to have asked us questions about our needs to get us an appropriate dinner time. That never happened. I have spent days and days, on the phone and online completely distressed and getting NOTHING AND NO SATISFACTION from anyone at Royal Holiday.

I have tried many times to get what I need from the cruise line but they keep sending me back to Royal Holiday where I get NOTHING. I tried to order a water package online with the cruise, as other people do, but because Royal Holiday put my reservation in MXN pesos, I cannot order either online or on the phone. I also tried to order an internet package and again cannot because of Royal Holiday ignoring the fact that I am a U.S. Citizen and use U.S. Dollars.

The last communication with Diego was Friday when he told me we would get some answers from the cruise department of RH today Monday 8/29/16 about changing the dinner to 6 pm, changing my deck to #8 or 9, ordering a water package of 8 liters of Evian water delivered to my cabin and my daughter's and I heard nothing today and received nothing from him or anyone else. My cruise leaves in 12 days. I reiterate-I am 76 years old and this has been the most distressing, painful vacation planning experience of my life.

I am going to report all this to some legal entity and probably consumer affairs. As far as I am concerned RH owes me a lot for going through this and still going through it with NO SATISFACTION.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $3000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Royal Holiday Club. The most disappointing about royal holiday club western caribbean 7 nights cruise booking at Royal Holiday Club was pressure to sign without time to reflect , but reviewer liked cozumel. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Marriott International that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Royal Holiday Club.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Royal Holiday Club to other companies on our site.