1.7

While on vacation at the Park Royal in Cancun Mexico in October 2016, we entered into a Royal Holiday membership timeshare contract something I have regretted. We had a great time and enjoyed the food in Mexico.

However, I felt pressured and as if, my arms were twisted. It was very uncomfortable to leave the presentation room and there was not enough time to “think about it”. The presentation and discussions took over 4 hours, which was an extraneous period. During, the presentation I was not told about the cancellation period so I was never afforded the right to fully understand the right to cancel nor were we given adequate time to read the contract.

I sent an email within the 5 days cancellation period to Royal Holiday. I have been talking to Royal Holiday Representatives for over a year now.

It is a nightmare and it has cost me $8200.00, a serious financial hardship. Be careful with timeshare offers when travelling to Cancun Mexico.

Product or Service Mentioned: Royal Holiday Club Park Royal Cancun Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

melissaw.gernert_78

Has this been resolved? Did you get anywhere with RCI?

to melissaw.gernert_78 #1437603

Yes, eventually after sending several complaints to CFPB, Discover card has decided to return my money. I am so thankful.