My husband and I were approached by this company while on vacation in Punta Cana at the Tropical Princess resort on November 20th, 2017. They offered us a drink which we weren't going to refuse since we were on vacation.

Royal Holiday then proceeded to tell us how they can save us so much money on our future vacations and offered us a price. The price was fair for what they claimed to be offering, I still wanted to do some research on my own and said that we would come back tomorrow if we liked what we researched. RH then continued to bring out more drinks and made promises that we would be able to cancel our contract at any time if we didn't like any research we found or if they didn't hold up to any promises. This was a selling point as I felt reassured that we could cancel at any time for a full refund if we were unhappy with our decision.

During the Holidays is when I usually book our upcoming vacations for the year, at this time I noticed that we would actually be spending more money yearly (plus the yearly service fee and all monies paid to Royal Holiday) for our vacations. I called Royal Holiday on 1/2/2018 and was hung up on twice when asking who I need to speak with regarding terminating my contract. I then sent an email to Juan Fonseca expressing my desire to terminate my contract and requested all monies paid refunded. See Below: Melissa G Jan 4 (6 days ago) to Juan Hello Juan, I would like to cancel my membership and request a full refund ($3,946.00 USD).

I have found that there is grounds to cancel the contract as promises made cannot be fulfilled. We were promised that this membership will save us money on our vacations. I ran an analysis of the next three vacations that we are planning. Not one of them is saving us money by using Royal Holiday Vacation Club, we would actually be spending hundreds of dollars more.

Also of these vacation spots, there are no Hotels that I would choose as only a couple of them are actually on the beach or have satisfactory reviews. I have contacted my attorney to find the best way to resolve this matter and he has urged me to reach out to your company before filing a formal request. I do hope that we can resolve this matter in a timely manner without additional legal fees as we have not used this contract yet and do not plan to do so. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you soon.

On 1/7/2018 I called Royal Holiday again to be told that someone would call me back shortly, no one called. On 1/8/2018 I called again to be told that everyone was busy, however someone would call me back, again no one called me back. The same day I sent another email to Juan Fonseca: Melissa G Jan 8 (2 days ago) to Juan Hello Juan, I have been waiting on a response from you since sending my previous email. I have even called a couple of times and have not heard back from a single member of our organization.

In regards to the complete lack of attention, refusing to take my calls or call me back and the obvious avoidance from your company (Royal Holiday is available to your 24/7?) I am now set more than ever to terminate my contract with Royal Holiday. While being sold this contract membership I was assured by the Manager onsite at your Tropical Princess Punta Cana location that I would receive all monies paid back if I am ever not happy or agreements were not met. This is the main reason I decided to go with your company (if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be out anything). I was promised that we would have excellent customer service and that this club would save us so much money on future vacations.

As stated in my previous email, using your company would actually cost me more on my vacations, also your locations are not as desirable as your sales team made them out to be, at best most only obtained a 3.5 out of 5 rating from individuals world-wide. Royal Holiday's customer service and response time also has me questioning this agreement and feeling as though my Husband (Adrian Gernert) and I were taken advantage of after being given several drinks and then scammed. As stated in my previous email I am requesting immediate termination of my contract with all monies paid promptly refunded to me ($3,946.00). If I do not have a response and remedy to this situation by 12:00pm EST on or before January 15th, 2017 I will be forced to involve my attorney and also seek damages for time wasted, and all legal fees incurred.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience 502-440-9788. On 1/9/2018 after receiving no response either email or via phone I called Royal Holiday once again and was assured that Juan would call on 1/10/2018. On 1/10/2018 Juan called me at 12:32 EST, our conversation lasted 25 minutes and 44 seconds. I explained to Juan why I want to terminate my contract and that the only reason I did agree to the contract was that I was promised that I could cancel if Royal Holiday didn't fulfill their promises and if I was unhappy in any way (Yolanda at the Tropical Princess location is who made these promises).

He told me that this isn't true and that I cannot cancel my contract. The promises made were not included in the contract either, so obviously I am lying about this. Juan was very eager to book my vacations instead of helping me to resolve these issues, he reasoned that I haven't even given them a chance. I explained that I don't need use the clubs services as the only benefit of going with this company would be to save me money which ultimately isn't happening after doing my own research.

I ended the conversation by asking him to do the right thing to cancel the contract and refund me all monies paid, I haven't used their services, promises made are not factual and the promise of being able to cancel was conveniently left out of the contract. This company uses excessive alcohol and false promises to get your money and quite frankly I don't know how they are still in business as unethical and crooked as they are.

Review about: Royal Holiday Club Bronze Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Royal Holiday is one of the most fraudulent resorts, i fell into their lies a few years ago and when i was doing a research about this company i saw a lot ofpeople posting their horrible reviews against them, it helped me to open my eyes and see the reality of this Resort.Please be careful, here's a website full with complaints of people who also got scammed by them:https://www.timesharescam.com/timeshare-complaints-resorts-black-list/7-royal-holiday-timeshare-complaints/

Your review doesn't provide the date of the timeshare sales presentation in the Dominican Republic. Royal Holiday Club is a Mexican timeshare sales company, and as such governed by PROFECO (the Mexican national agency for consumer affairs).

PROFECO provides 5 business days (excludes Sundays and Mexican holidays) to cancel your contract. Contract cancellation normally must be by letter, postmarked no later than the 5th day. It is always good practice to send the letter "registered mail", providing proof of hand-off to the postal authorities. Your letter should provide: (1) the date of the letter; (2) the contract number assigned by Royal Holiday Club; (3) the address of Royal Holiday Club; and (4) your intent to cancel the contract.

This letter must be sent to the address provided in your contract. Some timeshare operations allow for delivery of cancellation letters by email, but most do not.

You can never cancel your contract by telephonic conversation or text messaging. The laws of the Dominican Republic may provide a different number of days for contract cancellation.

Royal-Holiday
Royal Holiday Club Verified Representative

Dear Melissa,

On behalf of Royal Holiday, I would like to apologize for the experience you have had with our team. We deeply regret the way your request was handled.

To continue assisting you with this matter, we will ask for the following information:

Name of the owner of the membership

Membership contract

E-mail As soon as we receive this information, we can follow up on this case. We look forward to hearing from you at community@royal-holiday.com Royal Holiday

to Royal-Holiday #1436302

I emailed you at the address provided on 2/16/2018 and still have not had a response to the message. Again great customer service!

Your company is more than willing to call about payment, however when a dispute arises you go mute. Again my main complaint is that your company used false advertising to close a sale.

I was more than willing to get up and go several times before I was told that I can cancel at any time. Your company is nothing more than a scam.

to Royal-Holiday #1447399

Royal holiday I am having the same issue. I did get a cancellation of contract from Bravado Princess sales rep but I did not sign because Royal Holiday is not giving me a refund.

I am demanding that my credit card get refunded the deposit as the contract will be null and void. I have been ongoing for a month with Riyal Holday and did everything on a timely basis and my credit card is disputing the charge. If my contract is being cancelled the deposit needs to be credited back to my card. If not this is high way way robbery.

The cancellation contract also wants me not to post on social media well I won't have anything bad to say if the Company does right by its customers. If not my lawyers will be contacted and I will post on every medium I can.

We we're sucked into buying here as well, now I am very nervous as I look over the actual costs! I purchased just 8 days ago. Did they let you out of the contract?

to Robfed #1431436

Not as of yet, I disputed the charges on my go to card and have been issued a conditional credit. I asked Cori to also flag them for scammers for future customers as well.

to MelissaG #1466336

Was this February if this year?

to Robfed #1470823

I’m still working on getting out of contract with a refund of deposit. They are willing to cancel but not give me my deposit!